As a critical service provider, Augean recognise the risk this virus presents to our employees, contractors and customers and we continue to closely monitor the global situation and UK Government guidance. We have implemented a robust communication and engagement programme across our UK sites and operations.
The Augean response is aligned with Health Protection Scotland, Public Health England and Oil and Gas UK Guidelines.
Augean has established a COVID-19 Taskforce to monitor the situation within the company, and throughout our supply chain.
Our remaining essential workforce have been issued with ‘key workers’ documentation and will continue to deliver a service adhering to additional controls and restrictions.
Actions in progress across the company include:
- Creation of an online area for daily information sharing with all Augean personnel
- Customer updates through the website and email communications
- Instruction to work from home where possible
- If working from home not possible, social distancing at work and in company vehicles
- Bi-weekly review and update of business continuity plan to confirm critical number of personnel required in our offices and operational sites
- Provision of additional hand cleaning including hand sanitizer
- Provision for additional cleaning of work and rest areas
- Frequent updates and guidance issued to all personnel and site managers
- Use of virtual meeting and office software where appropriate
- Non-essential business travel has been suspended until further notice
- Assessment of essential visitors prior to their reception on our sites
Augean are monitoring travel plans of employees. Employees are advised to follow guidelines, where applicable, published by Public Health England (PHE) and Health Protection Scotland (HPS), Augean has revised its guidance to employees regarding self-isolation.
The following are in accordance with PHE/HPS guidelines:
- As COVID-19 is now circulating in the community there is no requirement to take additional measures when returning to the UK from other countries.
- Employees developing symptoms consistent with COVID-19 (new continuous cough or a high temperature), however mild, should stay at home for 7 days from the onset of symptoms.
- All individuals living in the same household as a symptomatic person should self-isolate for 14 days (household isolation).
- Employees with the most serious health conditions should shield themselves from social contact for 12 weeks.
Personnel will not be able to travel offshore or to 3rd party sites if:
- They have experienced either a new continuous/persistent cough or a high temperature in the last seven days.
- They share a household with someone who has experienced those symptoms within the last 14 days.
- They have transited through or returned to the UK from any country within 14 days.
- They have been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 within the last 14 days.
- Have experienced a cough, high temperature or shortness of breath, which isn’t normal to them, within the last 7 days.
- ANSS have identified them as high risk in line with Government guidelines.
Augean personnel have been advised to contact NHS via website, www.111.nhs.uk immediately if they show any symptoms of a cough, high temperature or shortness of breath.
Relevant stakeholders will be advised of any affected Augean personnel by their relevant account manager or usual contact.
We will review this Position Statement regularly.
Customers, contractors and suppliers are advised to immediately report any suspected cases to HSEQteam@augeanplc.com.